- Students will explore Next Generaftion Sequencing (NGS) technologies to analyze high throughput RNA-seq data.
- Studnets will compare their RNA sequencing data sets to identify patterns across multiple species.
Interested in the growing demand for NGS data?
- NGS research is pervasive in plant molecular biology research!
- Its imperative to educate emerging scientists with NGS experimental and bioinformatic skill sets!
- Employers are looking for biologists with computational skills!
- More graduate research projects are incorporating experimental approaches using NGS!
- Enroll in BIT 495/595 Comparative Plant Transcriptomics!
- Overview of Next Generation Sequencing technologies
- How to design your RNA-seq experiments
- Linux for biologists
- Building a refernce transcriptome and aligning sequence data
- Quantification and normallization of sequence reads
- Differential Expression Analysis and GO Term enrichment
- Comparing divergence in orthology, synteny, and expression patterns across plant species
- Embracing diversity in model organism comparisons