- Participants will be introduced to the theory and applications of directed evolution techniques.
- Students will apply directed evolution principles to produce microbes with a specific phenotype.
- Introduction to directed evolution
- Metabolic pathways of E. coli
- Directed evolution in vitro
- Case studies
- Genome sequencing and analysis
- Students work in groups to choose their selective pressure and design their experimental setup.
- Students apply experimental scheme and monitor the progression of their phenotype.
- Students send out genomic samples for sequencing.
- Students analyze genomic data and prepare a report on their findings.