- Students will experience the process of designing, synthesizing, characterizing, and testing a fluorescent probe for detection and labeling of a metalloenzyme indicated in diseases, such as cancer and glaucoma. Students will gain experience with molecular docking, chemical synthesis and purification, fluorescence characterization, and fluorescence imaging.
- Molecular docking and probe design
- Chemical synthesis and purification
- Mechanisms and applications of fluorescence
- Enzymatic activity and inhibition
- Gel electrophoresis
- Fluorescence microscopy