- Introduce students to a variety of methods for identifying, quantifying and characterizing proteins by modern mass spectrometric approaches.
- Using a cell culture, students will perform a total protein digestion for downstream reverse phase separation using nano ultra high pressure liquid chromatography and quantification with the Thermo Scientific Exploris-480 mass spectrometer. Solution-based and PAGE-based proteomics are explored, along with strategies for Protein Quantification.
- From Genomics to Proteomics
- Intro to Mass Spectrometry
- Quantitative Proteomics Overview
- Relative Protein Quantification
- Absolute Protein Quantification
- –OMICS Research: Contemporary Directions
- Protein Sample Preparation and Quantification, 1D-SDS-PAGE
- In-Gel Digestion of Proteins
- Filter-Aided Sample Preparation (FASP) – Protein Digestion
- Phosphoproteomics: Enrichment of Phosphoproteins
- Bioinformatic Analysis of Data
- SRM/MRM/PRM for Protein Quantification